Friday, February 13, 2009

Latest readings

For the past several months I've been working my way through "Rise to Globalism" by Stephen Ambrose. It is my first Ambrose book and my first history book since college (nay, high school) and I have to say I am enjoying it thoroughly.

It is an easy read that begins before WWII and tracks the evolution of American foreign policy up until the first Gulf War.

I am spending more time reading it lately so I can get it on up to my
sister, who is also reading up on history I think (aside from tort history that is). In addition, I have a pile of new books to start getting through thanks to a B&N gift card from my sister and brother in law.

"Rise to Globalism" is a good start for a just-enough-depth overview of the history behind out foreign policy.

No comments: